Friday, April 28, 2017

Football season in review: Interview with Senior Kyle Yuncker

Beal City finished the season 7-4 and all of their losses came from teams with at least 8 wins on the season. The Aggies' season ended in the second round of the playoffs with a loss to Muskegon Catholic Central, who went on to win the Division 8 State Title. I had the opportunity to speak with senior athlete Kyle Yuncker about Beal City's 2016 football season:

Q: What were your expectations for the team heading into your season?

A: "I had a good feeling with the group because of the way the seniors and the juniors get along. I've always had a lot of fun playing with the class below me and I knew that the season was going to be a good one."


Q: Would you consider your season a success?

A: “Yes, I would say it was a success. We played our hearts out every game and learned to persevere. We learned many valuable lessons throughout the season and we all meshed really well.”


Q: How do you think you did personally? Did you meet your own expectations?

A:"Personally, I just wanted to bond with everyone and play as a unit this year which we have struggled doing the past couple years. I surpassed what I thought I could do as an individual being honorable mention all-state, so that was pretty cool. But overall I thought I met my goals as being a better teammate."


Kyle is planning on attending CMU next year! Good luck Kyle and Fire Up Chips!

No comments:

Post a Comment